Turn your help desk contacts into your customers - automatically.
Latest update: April 16, 2015
Captivate customers and outshine competitors with our easy to use, hard to resist customer service suite.
Integration User Setup Instructions
Please complete the following easy steps to integrate your LiveHelpNow chat user info into your GetResponse Contacts list.
Before you begin:
Please note that this process requires you provide the GetResponse Campaign ID for the campaign that you want to offer as a subscription option for the LiveHelpNow Chat User.
The Campaign ID is NOT the same as the campaign name or title. To view your Campaign ID’s, log into your Get Response account and visit: https://app.getresponse.com/campaign_list.html
Once you have the Campaign ID, you will be able to follow the process below to have present LiveHelpNow Chat Users with the option to subscribe to the campaign.
1. Login to your GetResponse account, click on your name on the top right of the screen and then click “Account Details” in the dropdown.
Select the “GetResponse API” option from the menu on the left and copy the API Key from this page.
3. Login to your LiveHelpNow account and go to Admin Panel->My Account->Integrations->Eventing API
Click on “Add Event”
Select “ChatOpened” event
Select “JSON” for Event Type
Select “POST” for Event Verb
No entries are needed for the HTTP Basic Authentication or Headers fields.
4. Enter the following into the payload field:
“method” : “add_contact”,
“id” : “req-001”,
“jsonrpc” : “2.0”
* Replace XXXX with your GetResponse API Key
* Replace YYYY with your GetResponse Campaign ID
Please Note: The PreChatField1 label in the Payload syntax above assumes you are collecting the chat user’s name in the first input in the Pre-Chat Requested Information in LiveHelpNow.
The PreChatField2 label in the Payload syntax above assumes you are collecting the chat user’s email address in the second input in the Pre-Chat Requested Information in LiveHelpNow.
These settings are located at Admin Panel->Chat System->Customization->Pre-chat requirements
If you request name or email addresses in one of the other Pre-Chat input fields, you will need to adjust the number to match the field in use from 1-4 from top to bottom.
In order to ensure data is pushed to GetResponse from all LiveHelpNow chat users, it is highly recommended you define the name and email address as required. This is done by selecting “yes” from the dropdown in the Required column for the email field in the Pre-Chat Requested Information settings.
5. In the URL field, enter the following address:
6. Make sure the box next to Enabled is checked, and click Add Event to save.
Your saved event should look like this:
7. You’re all done! As your chat users start new chat sessions, they will receive an email notification from GetResponse.
Once they have confirmed their subscription, they will show in your campaign’s contact list.
For help and more information go to: http://help.livehelpnow.net.